Thursday, September 30, 2010

It's a Boy!

Dr. decided to induce me Thursday, June 24 after my blood pressure was high at my appointment for the 2nd week in a row. Gabe and I did not come to our appointment prepared to have a baby, so we had to go home and grab our bags (and I spent some time cleaning up around the house) and we headed back to the hospital to get things started. At my appointment, Dr. had scraped my membranes which had started mild contractions, so we were able to skip the cervidil and start right on the pitocin. My body was contracting so frequently (which thankfully the contractions were not strong) that my dr. decided to let me rest that night because I wasn't progressing and he wanted to give baby and I a break. Early Friday morning, they started the pitocin, I got the epidural around noon, napped, started pushing around 4pm and at 5:57pm, Gabe pulled the towel off baby to find out that we were the proud parents of a sweet baby boy!

Drake Lee Pettit

6/25/10

8 lbs 2.7 oz

21"





Going Home!




















No comments:

Post a Comment